Friday, April 12, 2013

Good Enough and Not Giving Up!

You can't make people care, or even pretend to care, about things that they aren't willing to let into their life. However, you can demonstrate to them how actively caring can change their life. I have found that many people choose not to allow themselves to care because they don't feel as though they are good enough. At some point, life has led them to believe that they are not good enough to make a difference. Now they find that trying to be a caring person leaves them feeling vulnerable. To some of you reading this, my statements are difficult to process. 

Why am I sharing this with you? Well, I was once a person afraid to care. The risk associated with opening myself up, to show that I cared, was debilitating. Things changed for me when God put a calling in my heart. He was constantly whispering to me that I was good enough! So, I stepped out in faith and haven't looked back yet.

Last year, I took that huge step in my faith. I dared to believe that I was good enough to help people in Haiti lead better lives. Money was tight because I had lost my job just a few months before making this decision yet, I managed to pay for half of the trip on my own. Then, a sponsor pushed for my first "big step" to be successful by funding the remaining balance! Before I knew it, I had a plane ticket for Haiti in my name!

Me and two of my dear team mates/family during a hike to a village in the mountains!

The trip was amazing! Haiti opened my eyes to so many aspects in life. The people are vibrant, loving, gracious, and proud. They live in hovels constructed of left over rubble, their health is fair (at best), and food is sparse. Everyone was grateful just for me to check their temperature. And there I was, wondering if I was good enough. I was good enough for them! This realization has had a steadfast hold on my heart yet, I thought I had to do this all on my own.
John was 13 years old and thrilled to show us how much english he knew!


This year, I almost gave up. This year, I learned that other people think I'm good enough as well! I am happy and grateful to report that my balance is paid in full!!! Haiti will have me the last week of June, this year! This was made possible by sponsors that have faith in me to be good enough for the people of Haiti! These sponsors will never know how much this means to me! Every moment I spend in Haiti will be done in the best possible way to represent the wonderful people that put me there!

The fundraising isn't over yet! I can't quit now! I am only one person and we need our team and building supplies. Momance, Haiti needs a school and it is a huge part of our mission to give it to them! Please help anyway you can. Even a $5 donation is helpful!



Thank you to my sponsors and to everyone for your continued love and support!

God Bless!

~ Genia

Ways to give:

Mail check and/or words of positivity to:


Hamilton Mill Presbyterian Church
C/O: Haiti Fund - Genia Davis
5152 Braselton Hwy
Hoschton, GA 30548 



or


See the PayPal Giving Widget to the right! Your personal information is safe and secure. You can even donate anonymously!


Contact me at gmdavis81@gmail.com for more information!

As always, thank you for your support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment