Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I Need You!

Possibly the three most difficult words to put together out loud. Until recently, I hadn't realized that mission trips are just as much about asking for help, as they are about helping others. In my mind, this work was about how much I could improve the lives of others with my own hard work. This was the worst way of thinking about missionary work.

Yesterday, I was willing to give up. Heart broken, defeated, disappointed, and ashamed, I laid on my sofa in tears. Having discussed all of the bills that have to be paid prior to this trip, my husband knew why I was falling apart. So, he posted on Facebook how he felt and how I was struggling. The responses were amazing!!

To think, all this time I have spoken about how much Haiti needs your support when I should have been stating how much I need your support! I was wrong to discount the people that I surround myself with. You are the network that compares to no other! In a matter of a couple of hours, the encouragement I received breathed new life into this dream of mine! While this post isn't full of facts or that much about Haiti, it may be my most honest post yet. I still owe a sizable balance but I want to say thank you to everyone that has shown their support, in one way or another (you know who you are)!

Fundraising will continue and funds received beyond the amount needed to get me to Haiti will go towards our account for building materials. We were recently notified that the materials we left in Momance, for the school, have been destroyed. We are back at square one.

Thank you all, again! I am humbled by your generosity and support. Thank you for teaching me how to be the light!

Ways to give:

Mail check and/or words of positivity to:


Hamilton Mill Presbyterian Church
C/O: Haiti Fund - Genia Davis
5152 Braselton Hwy
Hoschton, GA 30548 



or


See the PayPal Giving Widget to the right! Your personal information is safe and secure. You can even donate anonymously!


Contact me at gmdavis81@gmail.com for more information!

As always, thank you for your support!! 

1 comment:

  1. Your words are so moving. This honest reflection speaks to my heart and reminds me to be humble in my quest to "help" others. Thanks Genia!

    ReplyDelete