Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Countdown To Takeoff!


Time has, and continues, to tick away! This Saturday, our first team will arrive in Haiti! The following Saturday, is team two's turn. I'm on team two! We are all feverishly checking (and rechecking) our lists and supplies. We are counting our blessings and saying our prayers. We are hugging our loved ones and taking in their strength. No, we are not going into war but we will have our battles with reality and humanity, our spirituality and our faith, as well as extreme warm weather and challenging terrain. We will return tired and sore, yearning for our own beds and warm showers. Upon our return, we will take solace in the arms of our families, church families, and friends, more than anything!

For several weeks I have received an amazing outpouring of love and support. I cannot tell you how incredibly powerful your prayers, kind words, and encouragement have helped to build me up! Any experienced storyteller can describe the people, places, and situations we experience on these trips but until you have felt it, lived it, and spent your energy enduring it, the journey will never be fully understood. And because of that, you need the armor of God, as re-enforced for you by those loved ones that surround you. I can honestly say that I am ready to go! My supporters and the supporters of our group, have given us all the love we need, and then some!! Although,  I certainly won't turn down any more!

I  am unsure of whether or not I will post another update before I leave. If I can, and I have the ability to form even simple words, I will. There is still so much to do and so little time to do it. Thank you for all the support you have shown!! If you would like to learn a bit more about our church and the many missions we have in this trip, you may listen to our online sermon from this past Sunday, June 9th, by visiting the Hamilton Mill Presbyterian Church website and clicking on "Listen Online".

~ Genia



Hamilton Mill Presbyterian Church

5152 Braselton Hwy
Hoschton, GA 30548


No comments:

Post a Comment